Weight: 158.8 (I am weighing myself right away when I wake up each morning. I was very pleasantly surprised that I had lost a pound, but also know that weight fluctuates all the time and I'm pretty sure tomorrow morning I'll be right back to where I started.)
Workouts: My sweet husband listened when he heard me say that I needed a new workout video while we were looking at ads in the paper yesterday. I didn't mean that he needed to be the one to go pick it out, but being the caring guy he is, he went and did it anyway. He picked up Dancing with the Stars for me and I started it today. It's actually a lot of fun and I've learned some sexy new dance moves for next time I hit the dance floor! It really does make a difference doing a new workout routine. It is so true that your body just gets used to an old routine and it doesn't do much anymore. This, plus weight lifting from my old video will be what I will call "normal" workout routine. Anything else I do during the day will be bonus. Today my bonus workout was actually going for a walk in the cold winter air. It was quite nice! I tried to get Kodak to join me, but to no avail. Whimp! This walk was of course much different than a summer walk. I really felt like I was getting a workout just by walking because of having to do the "winter shuffle" and just how much shorter my breath was. It was nice! (No, not all of my posts about workouts and weight will be this long!)
Food: Breakfast: yogurt, 2 chocolate chip pancakes, large glass of milk; Lunch: Remainder of casserole dish (about 1 cup), cornbread, doughnut, Diet Coke; Dinner: 3 small pieces of pizza, 2 1/2 breadsticks, doughnut
~Side note about dinner: Dinner is the meal of the day I want to be especially careful on. First, with portion control, then with making sure I don't eat past 8:00 any night. Well, I broke the rules on both of these issues. Let's blame it on the pizza guy. I was starving at about 6:15 tonight, so I suggested we order the pizza right then, thinking that at the worst it would be at our home ready to be eaten by 7:15. Well, pizza didn't come until about 7:50 and I was still starving. Plus, the OFFICIAL diet doesn't start until January 1st anyway! :) I know I can't really think like that, but there will be setbacks every now and again. I am human after all.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Carrie!
ReplyDeleteSo me, and four of my family members all have an email strain going because we've all joined WW and are each others sounding boards, which I might have already mentioned to you. But the big thing we keep telling people is that we are making a life style change that is going to help us lose weight forever, and we need to retrain ourselves to not think we are "cheating" If if eat something that isn't the most nutritious! So enjoy your pizza once in a while without feeling guilty! :) Good job! :)